Saturday, April 9, 2011

Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Nightshade
Description from goodreads:
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers.

But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

REVIEW:
The story starts with Calla saving Shay from a bear and then she goes to school and hes there too, but he isn't supposed to know what she is. Calla is also supposed to "mate" with Ren and there packs will become one. That's her destiny and until Shay showed up, she has always stuck to it. Will she give up what she has always known for what she really wants?

I love this book, I like Calla because she is a strong female character. I didn't like that she would give up love just to please everyone, but it's what she does, follows orders. I thought Ren was super annoying at times and I wanted to hit him, but I almost found myself liking him a little bit, definately not as much as Shay, but a little. I also liked the relationship between her and her pack members, but the whole not having a choice in who you "mate" with is not something I would like. I can't wait for the next book. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment