Sunday, February 20, 2011

Night Review

Night (Night, #1)

Description from goodreads:
Night A terrifying account of the Nazi death camp horror that turns a young Jewish boy into an agonized witness to the death of his family...the death of his innocence...and the death of his God. Penetrating and powerful, as personal as The Diary Of Anne Frank, Night awakens the shocking memory of evil at its absolute and carries with it the unforgettable message that this horror must never be allowed to happen again.

REVIEW:

(I read this for English, thought I would tell you my thoughts)

Elie was just a boy when his family was ripped from him and he was forced into a Nazi death camp, it is a personal story of how he survived and all the pain that he went through.

This was a really sad book, I cried a lot. It made me think about what if I lost my family, if I lost my home, everything. Just taken to a camp and having to be a prisoner. People were starved, very ill. It makes you think how could a human being do this to other people, they listened to one man and people died, a lot of people.

At the beginning of this book because of  Moishe the Beadle I felt that the people could have been saved because Moishe warned people, telling them what happened, what would happen, but people chose not to believe him, it was too evil. They were wrong.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment