Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)

Description from goodreads:
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure-bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:

Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.

Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.


REVIEW:

From page one the book completely grabbed my attention. All the things going on and the suspense of what was to come.

Alexandria is also crushing on pure-blood Aiden and can't have him, that is just tragic. Alexandria is also facing many more obstacles that I could not imagine even thinking about.

This was a whole new concept for me; pures and halfs, and I would hate to be divided like that.

The Daimons also sound very scary and  terrified me on more than one occasion.

I can't wait to get my hands on the next one. AMAZING READ! 5/5

I recieved an ARC of this book from Spencer Hill Press in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment